REDDING, Conn. – The Redding-Easton 9- and 10-year-old softball team completed a dominating run to the District 1 title Saturday with a 12-0 win over New Canaan.
Redding-Easton went 5-0 in the tournament and outscored opponents, 63-0. The title is the fourth straight championship in the 9-10 age group in District 1 for Redding-Easton, which also won the 12-year-old championship this summer.
Players on the team are Allison Basta, Amelia Burrell, Katie Fletcher, Jenne Greaney, Alison Kopec, Samantha Nilsen, Abby Ota, Ava Slavinsky and Nicole Spinelli. Chris Basta is the manager, and Deirdre Fletcher and Paul Spinelli are coaches.
Redding-Easton advances to the Division 1 tournament. Its first game will be Thursday, July 17, at 5:45 p.m. at Darien High School. The complete schedule for the tournament is on the Connecticut State Little League website.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola