REDDING, Conn. – The Redding-Easton 9- and 10-year-old softball team completed a dominating run to the District 1 title Saturday with a 12-0 win over New Canaan.
Redding-Easton went 5-0 in the tournament and outscored opponents, 63-0. The title is the fourth straight championship in the 9-10 age group in District 1 for Redding-Easton, which also won the 12-year-old championship this summer.
Players on the team are Allison Basta, Amelia Burrell, Katie Fletcher, Jenne Greaney, Alison Kopec, Samantha Nilsen, Abby Ota, Ava Slavinsky and Nicole Spinelli. Chris Basta is the manager, and Deirdre Fletcher and Paul Spinelli are coaches.
Redding-Easton advances to the Division 1 tournament. Its first game will be Thursday, July 17, at 5:45 p.m. at Darien High School. The complete schedule for the tournament is on the Connecticut State Little League website.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm