REDDING, Conn. – Redding Country Club’s first junior swim meet was July 7 against Bethel Parks & Recreation. More than 40 children participated in the backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle races, which were divided into four age groups.
Many of the children performed well. RCC’s Jackson Dill won the boys’ 15-16 50-yard backstroke, while Bethel’s Sean Jackson did well in the 9-10 heats for freestyle, backstroke and freestyle medley relay.
Each of the two RCC medley teams won their heats, while the Bethel team was unopposed in a number of heats. The swimmers and spectators all seemed to enjoy the day.
“The kids did awesome,” said Jay Brittain, one of RCC’s assistant coaches.
Fellow assistant coach Kathie Meerman added, “Two weeks practice helped us out and [they had] very fast times from the start.”
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 3 Weston Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms
- 4 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says