REDDING, Conn. – Redding Country Club’s first junior swim meet was July 7 against Bethel Parks & Recreation. More than 40 children participated in the backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle races, which were divided into four age groups.
Many of the children performed well. RCC’s Jackson Dill won the boys’ 15-16 50-yard backstroke, while Bethel’s Sean Jackson did well in the 9-10 heats for freestyle, backstroke and freestyle medley relay.
Each of the two RCC medley teams won their heats, while the Bethel team was unopposed in a number of heats. The swimmers and spectators all seemed to enjoy the day.
“The kids did awesome,” said Jay Brittain, one of RCC’s assistant coaches.
Fellow assistant coach Kathie Meerman added, “Two weeks practice helped us out and [they had] very fast times from the start.”
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown