GREENWICH, Conn. – Registration is open for the Pineapple Classic With Obstacles 5-kilometer run in Greenwich.
The race is scheduled for Saturday, May 18, and is a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
The race is held at the Greenwich Polo Club and is open to runners ages 8-and-up. The event features a luau, beer garden and entertainment as part of the post-race fun. There are prizes for best costume as well as for top finishers.
Wave starts begin at 9 a.m. Obstacles are varied, including climbing walls, hay bales and hurdles. Runners or at least one team member must carry a pineapple with them throughout the race. Last year, more than 500 runners participated and helped raise more than $120,000 for LLS, whose Connecticut branch is based in Wilton.
Runners can also register as teams.
Early-bird registration runs through March 1. Visit the race website to find out more information and registration details.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 77 Kettle Creek Road Is The Weston Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 5 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child