WESTON, Conn. - The Weston High School football team's 9-3 record and appearance in the state tournament was one of the top stories of 2012.
The Trojans concluded the regular season on Thanksgiving Day with a 21-14 upset over Joel Barlow that qualified them for the Class M state tournament. They then defeated Ellington/Somers in a quarter final game before losing to Berlin, 21-7, in a semi-final matchup.
Weston was led by senior quarterback Tyler Hassett, who threw for 1,883 yards and 17 touchdowns and was the team's leading rusher with 904 yards and 13 touchdowns.
"They got the opportunity to play in two state playoff games," he said. "They worked so hard to get here. Some people might be surprised, but we’re not. They should be proud of what they’ve done for Weston football.”
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday
- 4 Bookkeeper Charged With Embezzling $165K From Redding Tree Company
- 5 Connecticut Named Fourth Healthiest State In The Nation