WESTON, Conn. - The Weston High School football team's 9-3 record and appearance in the state tournament was one of the top stories of 2012.
The Trojans concluded the regular season on Thanksgiving Day with a 21-14 upset over Joel Barlow that qualified them for the Class M state tournament. They then defeated Ellington/Somers in a quarter final game before losing to Berlin, 21-7, in a semi-final matchup.
Weston was led by senior quarterback Tyler Hassett, who threw for 1,883 yards and 17 touchdowns and was the team's leading rusher with 904 yards and 13 touchdowns.
"They got the opportunity to play in two state playoff games," he said. "They worked so hard to get here. Some people might be surprised, but we’re not. They should be proud of what they’ve done for Weston football.”
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut