WESTON, Conn. – Weston’s quest for a third straight girls swimming state championship fell short Tuesday as league rival Lauralton Hall held off the Trojans.
Lauralton Hall compiled 801 points, while Weston took second with 772.5. East Catholic was a distant third with 292.
Senior Olivia Clark won the 500 free and 100 backstroke for Weston. She also swam a leg on the winning 200-yard medley relay and the 400 free relay, which finished second.
Weston’s other individual champion was Keturah Sarno in diving.
The winning 200 medley relay also included Kiersten Daly, Alessandra Edgar and Katharine Johnson.
Johnson finished second in the 50 and 100 free, with both of her times dropping from her seeded times.
Weston also dominated the 500 free, as Daly, Clare Murray and Brenna Nimkoff took the top four spots.
The 200 free relay took second with Dacia Gross, Frances Kleiner, Claire Kerns and Edgar. Nimkoff, Daly and Johnson also swam with Clark on the second place 400 free relay.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Weston Tuesday Evening