WESTON, Conn. – The Weston High School football coach stepped down to accept the same position at Masuk High School in Monroe, it was announced Tuesday.
Joe Lato had coached at Weston for eight years and compiled a 35-49 record. Lato’s best season came in 2012, when the Trojans went 9-3 and advanced to the Class M state tournament. That was Weston’s first trip to the state playoffs since 1989.
He moves to a South-West Conference rival, which has had some terrific seasons recently. Masuk won state championships in 2008 and 2010 under coach John Murphy, who moved to New Milford after the 2012 season. Masuk was 7-4 in 2013 under coach Dave Brennan, whose contract was not renewed at the end of the season.
Lato, a physical education teacher at Weston, will retain that position.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding