WESTON, Conn. – The Weston High School football coach stepped down to accept the same position at Masuk High School in Monroe, it was announced Tuesday.
Joe Lato had coached at Weston for eight years and compiled a 35-49 record. Lato’s best season came in 2012, when the Trojans went 9-3 and advanced to the Class M state tournament. That was Weston’s first trip to the state playoffs since 1989.
He moves to a South-West Conference rival, which has had some terrific seasons recently. Masuk won state championships in 2008 and 2010 under coach John Murphy, who moved to New Milford after the 2012 season. Masuk was 7-4 in 2013 under coach Dave Brennan, whose contract was not renewed at the end of the season.
Lato, a physical education teacher at Weston, will retain that position.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store