WESTON, Conn. – The Weston High School football coach stepped down to accept the same position at Masuk High School in Monroe, it was announced Tuesday.
Joe Lato had coached at Weston for eight years and compiled a 35-49 record. Lato’s best season came in 2012, when the Trojans went 9-3 and advanced to the Class M state tournament. That was Weston’s first trip to the state playoffs since 1989.
He moves to a South-West Conference rival, which has had some terrific seasons recently. Masuk won state championships in 2008 and 2010 under coach John Murphy, who moved to New Milford after the 2012 season. Masuk was 7-4 in 2013 under coach Dave Brennan, whose contract was not renewed at the end of the season.
Lato, a physical education teacher at Weston, will retain that position.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Snow Threatens Easton, Weston On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Easton Man’s Arrest After Crashing Car In Fairfield Tops Week’s News