WESTON, Conn. -- Weston High School and Middle School will host the 2014 Special Olympics Connecticut Southern Spring Time Trials on Saturday, May 10.
More than 1,000 athletes are expected to participate and compete in track and field, aquatics and tennis starting at 8:30 a.m., according to a press release. More than 250 coaches and more than 600 volunteers are supporting the event.
"In addition to competitions, an Olympic Town area will offer participants and spectators entertaining, educational and interactive activities to enjoy throughout the day," representatives said. "All are welcome to come out and cheer on the athletes."
General Electric is the Title Sponsor of the event. Praxair and TD Securities are Presenting Sponsors. Gold Sponsors include Affinion Group, Ronald McDonald House Charities -- New York Tri-State Area, and Xerox. Chase and J.P. Morgan, the Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation Inc. and NYAC Athletes Fund, Inc. are Silver Sponsors and Bronze Sponsors include Emera Energy, Jones Lang LaSalle, Kohl’s, Purdue Pharma, Thomson Reuters, the Weston Police Benevolent Association and Weston Racquet Club, according to the release.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping