WESTON, Conn. -- Weston High School and Middle School will host the 2014 Special Olympics Connecticut Southern Spring Time Trials on Saturday, May 10.
More than 1,000 athletes are expected to participate and compete in track and field, aquatics and tennis starting at 8:30 a.m., according to a press release. More than 250 coaches and more than 600 volunteers are supporting the event.
"In addition to competitions, an Olympic Town area will offer participants and spectators entertaining, educational and interactive activities to enjoy throughout the day," representatives said. "All are welcome to come out and cheer on the athletes."
General Electric is the Title Sponsor of the event. Praxair and TD Securities are Presenting Sponsors. Gold Sponsors include Affinion Group, Ronald McDonald House Charities -- New York Tri-State Area, and Xerox. Chase and J.P. Morgan, the Frederick A. DeLuca Foundation Inc. and NYAC Athletes Fund, Inc. are Silver Sponsors and Bronze Sponsors include Emera Energy, Jones Lang LaSalle, Kohl’s, Purdue Pharma, Thomson Reuters, the Weston Police Benevolent Association and Weston Racquet Club, according to the release.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola