WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl