WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says