WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 5 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center