WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola