WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick