WESTPORT, Conn. -- The Westport Weston Family Y will host the second annual Mossman Indoor Triathlon on Sunday, March 2, in partnership with Team Mossman Triathlon Club.
The indoor triathlon consists of a 15-minute lap swim, 25-minute cycle on a spin bike and 20-minute run on a treadmill.
“This Indoor Tri gives local multi-sport athletes something to look forward to during the winter, and for new triathletes this is a great introduction to the sport, being in a controlled environment,” Eric Beller, a Team Mossman member, said in a statement. “It’s safe, and you don’t have to bring your bike — you can just show up with your goggles, cycle clips and running shoes.”
The swim laps, spin bike and treadmill distances will be aggregated and scored to get the top three male and female triathletes. Unlike an outdoor triathlon, the transition times do not count toward the overall finish time, allowing participants time to get from one stage to the next.
To register, go to http://www.active.com and search “Mossman Westport Y” in Westport. Day-of registration, if available, is $55 per individual and $75 per team.
First-time triathletes are welcome, either as individual entrants or as part of a relay team.
To inquire about joining a relay team, stop by the Y’s Member Services Desk or call 203-226-8981.
The Westport Weston Family Y is located at 59 Post Road E.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm