WILTON, Conn. -- Angela Saidman of the Wilton Running Club finished seventh Sunday in the 1,500 meters for the 13-14-year-old age group in the United States Junior Olympics meet in Humble, Texas.
Saidman earned All-American honors and finished in 4:54:45 in a race as the head index soared over 100 degrees. In an earlier preliminary race, Saidman ran a personal best 4:52.17.
Saidman also ran in the 800 at the Junior Olympics but did not qualify for the finals.
Sean McHale of Redding competed in the 1,500 for boys ages 11-12, and finished 35th in 5:23.68.
Ashley Nicoletti ran in the 100 and 200 meters for the 9-10 age group at the Junior Olympics for Wilton Running Club. She narrowly missed advancing to the semifinals in both events.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl