WILTON, Conn. -- Angela Saidman of the Wilton Running Club finished seventh Sunday in the 1,500 meters for the 13-14-year-old age group in the United States Junior Olympics meet in Humble, Texas.
Saidman earned All-American honors and finished in 4:54:45 in a race as the head index soared over 100 degrees. In an earlier preliminary race, Saidman ran a personal best 4:52.17.
Saidman also ran in the 800 at the Junior Olympics but did not qualify for the finals.
Sean McHale of Redding competed in the 1,500 for boys ages 11-12, and finished 35th in 5:23.68.
Ashley Nicoletti ran in the 100 and 200 meters for the 9-10 age group at the Junior Olympics for Wilton Running Club. She narrowly missed advancing to the semifinals in both events.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash