WILTON, Conn. -- Angela Saidman of the Wilton Running Club finished seventh Sunday in the 1,500 meters for the 13-14-year-old age group in the United States Junior Olympics meet in Humble, Texas.
Saidman earned All-American honors and finished in 4:54:45 in a race as the head index soared over 100 degrees. In an earlier preliminary race, Saidman ran a personal best 4:52.17.
Saidman also ran in the 800 at the Junior Olympics but did not qualify for the finals.
Sean McHale of Redding competed in the 1,500 for boys ages 11-12, and finished 35th in 5:23.68.
Ashley Nicoletti ran in the 100 and 200 meters for the 9-10 age group at the Junior Olympics for Wilton Running Club. She narrowly missed advancing to the semifinals in both events.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI