WESTON, Conn. – In the Class M quarterfinal football game between Weston High and Ellington/Somers on Wednesday night, the Trojans outlasted the Knights, 29-22, to advance to the semifinals.
The teams traded touchdowns on three occasions until the Trojans scored last and held on to the victory with a fourth-quarter interception.
The win, in the first tournament game since 1989 for the Trojans, occurred on the Knights’ home field. Weston was ranked sixth in the Class M division. Ellington/Somers was No. 3.
Weston advances to a semifinal game Sunday against second-ranked Berlin, which defeated Bullard-Havens Tech, 41-14, on Tuesday.
The CIAC had not announced the time or location for Sunday’s game as of 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Weston Police Assist At Large Brawl In Norwalk Park After Shots Were Fired
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation