WESTON, Conn. – In the Class M quarterfinal football game between Weston High and Ellington/Somers on Wednesday night, the Trojans outlasted the Knights, 29-22, to advance to the semifinals.
The teams traded touchdowns on three occasions until the Trojans scored last and held on to the victory with a fourth-quarter interception.
The win, in the first tournament game since 1989 for the Trojans, occurred on the Knights’ home field. Weston was ranked sixth in the Class M division. Ellington/Somers was No. 3.
Weston advances to a semifinal game Sunday against second-ranked Berlin, which defeated Bullard-Havens Tech, 41-14, on Tuesday.
The CIAC had not announced the time or location for Sunday’s game as of 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Redding, Weston Overnight