WESTON, Conn. – In the Class M quarterfinal football game between Weston High and Ellington/Somers on Wednesday night, the Trojans outlasted the Knights, 29-22, to advance to the semifinals.
The teams traded touchdowns on three occasions until the Trojans scored last and held on to the victory with a fourth-quarter interception.
The win, in the first tournament game since 1989 for the Trojans, occurred on the Knights’ home field. Weston was ranked sixth in the Class M division. Ellington/Somers was No. 3.
Weston advances to a semifinal game Sunday against second-ranked Berlin, which defeated Bullard-Havens Tech, 41-14, on Tuesday.
The CIAC had not announced the time or location for Sunday’s game as of 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Weinstein's Worries Top Week's News In Weston
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 5 Celebrate Memorial Day With Parades In Easton And Weston