WESTON, Conn. – In the Class M quarterfinal football game between Weston High and Ellington/Somers on Wednesday night, the Trojans outlasted the Knights, 29-22, to advance to the semifinals.
The teams traded touchdowns on three occasions until the Trojans scored last and held on to the victory with a fourth-quarter interception.
The win, in the first tournament game since 1989 for the Trojans, occurred on the Knights’ home field. Weston was ranked sixth in the Class M division. Ellington/Somers was No. 3.
Weston advances to a semifinal game Sunday against second-ranked Berlin, which defeated Bullard-Havens Tech, 41-14, on Tuesday.
The CIAC had not announced the time or location for Sunday’s game as of 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill