EASTON, Conn. -- The Historical Society of Easton will host David Koch to speak about the impact of English Colonists in Connecticut.
The event, "Indian Wars In Connecticut History," will start at 2 p.m. March 9 at the Easton Public Library's Community Room at 691 Morehouse Road in Easton. Koch, an associate professor at Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport, will speak about wars involving English Colonists and Native American tribes.
"Early in Connecticut’s history, many of the colonists witnessed some of the bloodiest and brutal battles – some of these battles were waged between warring Native American tribes others between the Pequots and colonist and their Native American allies," a press release said. "The presentation brings focus on a lesser-known aspect of our region’s and Connecticut’s history, which in turn affected the history of Colonial America deeply."
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton