EASTON, Conn. — A menorah will be lit on the Firehouse Green in Easton at 6 p.m. Wednesday in celebration of the Hanukkah holiday.
Rabbi J. Stock, who heads the Mishkan Israel Day Camp in Stamford, will oversee the ceremony. First Selectman Thomas Herrmann and other town authorities will attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served and holiday music played.
Mishkan has held menorah lighting ceremonies in Fairfield County for 24 years. An event scheduled for Thursday in Monroe will be the first time a public menorah has been lit in that town, Stock said.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'