EASTON, Conn. — A menorah will be lit on the Firehouse Green in Easton at 6 p.m. Wednesday in celebration of the Hanukkah holiday.
Rabbi J. Stock, who heads the Mishkan Israel Day Camp in Stamford, will oversee the ceremony. First Selectman Thomas Herrmann and other town authorities will attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served and holiday music played.
Mishkan has held menorah lighting ceremonies in Fairfield County for 24 years. An event scheduled for Thursday in Monroe will be the first time a public menorah has been lit in that town, Stock said.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston