EASTON, Conn. — A menorah will be lit on the Firehouse Green in Easton at 6 p.m. Wednesday in celebration of the Hanukkah holiday.
Rabbi J. Stock, who heads the Mishkan Israel Day Camp in Stamford, will oversee the ceremony. First Selectman Thomas Herrmann and other town authorities will attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served and holiday music played.
Mishkan has held menorah lighting ceremonies in Fairfield County for 24 years. An event scheduled for Thursday in Monroe will be the first time a public menorah has been lit in that town, Stock said.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola