EASTON, Conn. — A menorah will be lit on the Firehouse Green in Easton at 6 p.m. Wednesday in celebration of the Hanukkah holiday.
Rabbi J. Stock, who heads the Mishkan Israel Day Camp in Stamford, will oversee the ceremony. First Selectman Thomas Herrmann and other town authorities will attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served and holiday music played.
Mishkan has held menorah lighting ceremonies in Fairfield County for 24 years. An event scheduled for Thursday in Monroe will be the first time a public menorah has been lit in that town, Stock said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday
- 4 Bookkeeper Charged With Embezzling $165K From Redding Tree Company
- 5 Connecticut Named Fourth Healthiest State In The Nation