EASTON, Conn. — A menorah will be lit on the Firehouse Green in Easton at 6 p.m. Wednesday in celebration of the Hanukkah holiday.
Rabbi J. Stock, who heads the Mishkan Israel Day Camp in Stamford, will oversee the ceremony. First Selectman Thomas Herrmann and other town authorities will attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served and holiday music played.
Mishkan has held menorah lighting ceremonies in Fairfield County for 24 years. An event scheduled for Thursday in Monroe will be the first time a public menorah has been lit in that town, Stock said.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel