EASTON, Conn. – A Tree of Light ceremony offering families an opportunity to remember their loved ones will be held at the Firehouse green on Center Road Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
The ceremony, sponsored by Visiting Nurses Services of Connecticut, has been held since 1991 and will take place in 11 communities in Fairfield and New Haven counties this year.
The non-denominational ceremonies, which are open to the public, feature the reading of a memorial roll, music and a tree lighting ceremony.
Families can contribute a memorial light to their community’s tree in green, blue or white to symbolize comfort, dignity and peace.
Money raised from the memorial contributions will be used to help the Visiting Nurses Service of Connecticut underwrite their Hospice at Home Services for terminally ill patients and their families.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 5 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center