RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Playhouse will welcome Grammy winner and jazz standout Angelique Kidjo.
The internationally renowned artist will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20. This event is partially underwritten by African Heritage Collection and is part of the Doyle Coffin Architecture Singer/Songwriter and No. 109 Art, Wine and Jazz Series.
"Boasting a 30-year musical career with countless awards and distinctions, Angélique has worked with Carlos Santana, Peter Gabriel, Alicia Keys, Josh Groban and many more to bring her uplifting music to the world," a press release said.
"Born in Benin (West Africa), Angélique Kidjo is deemed 'Africa's premier diva' by Time magazine. Kidjo was listed by the UK Guardian as one of the most Inspirational Women in the world. When she is not recording or touring, Angélique is busy travelling as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and working with her NPO, the Batonga Foundation, which provides educational aid to young African girls, in her spirit of inspiring and empowering."
Tickets are $50 and are available by calling the box office 203-438-5795, or ordering online at The Ridgefield Playhouse website.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says
- 3 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Weston Rowers Advance To Youth National Championships