WESTON, Conn. -- The Fairfield School of Rock House Band will return to Weston's Memorial Day Fair this year.
The critically acclaimed band will return as the closing performers on Saturday, May 24. The performance will be part of the “Blanket and Chairs” concert. School of Rock students must audition for a spot in the House Band that is known throughout the tri-state area for its wide repertoire of rock classics.
The concert is free to the public and held on the field behind Hurlbutt Elementary School at 9 School Road in Weston. The concert features youth bands from around Fairfield County who audition to play a 30-minute set. Audience members are invited to bring chairs and blankets.
Food trucks and carnival fare are available onsite, cash only, for the duration of the concert.
The full Saturday Night Blanket and Chairs lineup is:
- 3:45 to 4:15 p.m.: Acoustic Cubed
- 4:30 to 5:00 p.m.: Dysfunctional 4
- 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.: Wired
- 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.: Amusing
- 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.: School of Rock House Band
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola