WESTON, Conn. -- The Fairfield School of Rock House Band will return to Weston's Memorial Day Fair this year.
The critically acclaimed band will return as the closing performers on Saturday, May 24. The performance will be part of the “Blanket and Chairs” concert. School of Rock students must audition for a spot in the House Band that is known throughout the tri-state area for its wide repertoire of rock classics.
The concert is free to the public and held on the field behind Hurlbutt Elementary School at 9 School Road in Weston. The concert features youth bands from around Fairfield County who audition to play a 30-minute set. Audience members are invited to bring chairs and blankets.
Food trucks and carnival fare are available onsite, cash only, for the duration of the concert.
The full Saturday Night Blanket and Chairs lineup is:
- 3:45 to 4:15 p.m.: Acoustic Cubed
- 4:30 to 5:00 p.m.: Dysfunctional 4
- 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.: Wired
- 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.: Amusing
- 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.: School of Rock House Band
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County