WESTON, Conn. ‒ Performances of "Fiddler on the Roof" and an interfaith community Thanksgiving service are two activities in the Weston area this weekend. Check out our Events page for more listings.
Saturday, Nov. 17
"Fiddler on the Roof": Hear "If I Were a Rich Man" and other great tunes and follow the saga of Russian peasant Tevye as he strives to protect his family. Joel Barlow's production of a beloved American musical will have matinee and evening performances at 2 and 8 p.m. Tickets available at the door are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors. L'chaim. Joel Barlow High School Auditorium, 100 Black Rock Turnpike, Redding.
Sunday, Nov. 18
Annual Interfaith Community Thanksgiving Service: 4 to 5:30 p.m. Get your holiday off to an early start at this inspirational service at the Unitarian Church in Westport, with music by the Rev. Ed Thompson and the Unitarian Church Women's Choir followed by a finger food reception hosted by the Westport-Weston Interfaith Council. Everyone is invited to celebrate the holiday and give thanks. Unitarian Church, 10 Lyons Plains Road, Westport.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding