FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The Aquarion Water Co. is seeking nominations of adults, students, small and large businesses, and nonprofits throughout Fairfield County who have made efforts to protect or improve Connecticut's natural resources.
The Aquarion Environmental Champion Awards will be given out in five categories: adult, youth, small business, large business and nonprofit organization.
Aquarion will honor winners June 7 at a ceremony at the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport. Awards will include a $1,000 award for the student winner and $2,500 contributions to environmental nonprofit organizations selected by the other winners.
The deadline for nominations is May 7.
Aquarion Water Co. of Connecticut, an Aquarion subsidiary, is the public water supply company for more than 625,000 people in 47 cities and towns throughout Connecticut's Fairfield, New Haven, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex and New London counties.
For more information, log on to www.aquarionwater.com/.
- 1 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist