GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday, June 24.
The former "Good Morning America" co-host said she decided to announce the news because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career… I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 National Weather Service: Weston's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 77 Kettle Creek Road Is The Weston Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead