GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday, June 24.
The former "Good Morning America" co-host said she decided to announce the news because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career… I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 Y's Men Of Weston Learn About The Dangers Of AF From Cardiac Expert
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday