WESTON, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Weston’s Erica Jong!
Jong, who has owned a home in Weston, turns 72 on Wednesday. The author and teacher was born March 26, 1942, in New York City.
She is best known for her first novel, "Fear of Flying" (1973), which created a sensation with its frank treatment of a woman's sexual desires. It has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.
In 2007, her literary archive was acquired by Columbia University in New York City.
She won Poetry Magazine's Bess Hokin Prize in 1971, Sigmund Freud Award For Literature in 1975, United Nations Award For Excellence In Literature in 1998 and Deauville Award For Literary Excellence In France.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola