WESTON, Conn. - Weston native Hayley Negrin has taken home her first Emmy Award at the age of 11 for her work on the animated PBS children's show "Peg + Cat."
Negrin was nominated for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program and beat out stars such as Alan Cumming, nominated for "Arthur" on PBS, and Ashley Tisdale, nominated for "Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch" on the Hub Network.
She also beat Sarah Bolt from Nickelodeon's "Peter Rabbit" and her "Peg + Cat" co-star Dwayne Hill.
Not only did she pick up the single actor award, but the cast of "Peg + Cat" took home the award for Outstanding Preschool Children’s Animated Program.
Negrin went to the Emmys in Los Angeles last Monday with her mother, Jara, who said they were both thrilled and excited with the win.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston