WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Easton firefighters responded to a call that a local man was attempting to burn portions of his Christmas tree in his fireplace.
- Weston restaurants will participate in the annual Westport Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Ancona's Market in Ridgefield, a 94-year-old grocery store closes its doors forever in next few weeks. An accompanying liquor store will remain open.
- New York Times' criticism of Darien woman Lisa Bonchek Adams for using social media to detail her battle with breast cancer sparks debate among readers over the internet.
- Easton Police charged a local man with driving under the influence after he crashed into a utility pole.
The Redding Police Department received State Accreditation from the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Fairfield County Stores Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers