WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Easton firefighters responded to a call that a local man was attempting to burn portions of his Christmas tree in his fireplace.
- Weston restaurants will participate in the annual Westport Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Ancona's Market in Ridgefield, a 94-year-old grocery store closes its doors forever in next few weeks. An accompanying liquor store will remain open.
- New York Times' criticism of Darien woman Lisa Bonchek Adams for using social media to detail her battle with breast cancer sparks debate among readers over the internet.
- Easton Police charged a local man with driving under the influence after he crashed into a utility pole.
The Redding Police Department received State Accreditation from the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown