WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Easton firefighters responded to a call that a local man was attempting to burn portions of his Christmas tree in his fireplace.
- Weston restaurants will participate in the annual Westport Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Ancona's Market in Ridgefield, a 94-year-old grocery store closes its doors forever in next few weeks. An accompanying liquor store will remain open.
- New York Times' criticism of Darien woman Lisa Bonchek Adams for using social media to detail her battle with breast cancer sparks debate among readers over the internet.
- Easton Police charged a local man with driving under the influence after he crashed into a utility pole.
The Redding Police Department received State Accreditation from the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut