WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Easton firefighters responded to a call that a local man was attempting to burn portions of his Christmas tree in his fireplace.
- Weston restaurants will participate in the annual Westport Chowdafest competition scheduled in February.
- Ancona's Market in Ridgefield, a 94-year-old grocery store closes its doors forever in next few weeks. An accompanying liquor store will remain open.
- New York Times' criticism of Darien woman Lisa Bonchek Adams for using social media to detail her battle with breast cancer sparks debate among readers over the internet.
- Easton Police charged a local man with driving under the influence after he crashed into a utility pole.
The Redding Police Department received State Accreditation from the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick