WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- An Easton man, John Sullivan, 21, was arrested on drunken-driving charges after hitting another car and attempting to flee in Westport.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- Crumbs Bake Shop was known for its giant cupcakes and unique flavors, closed down its shops nationwide, including four in Fairfield County.
- A project to install air conditioning in 12 rooms at Weston High School was put on hold.
- The Redding-Easton 12-and-under softball team stayed alive in Division 1 of the Connecticut Little League tournament with a 3-1 victory over Westport in Orange.
Colleen Stimola of Redding helped lift the spirits of patients in Norwalk Hospital's Pediatric Department to earn her Girl Scout Gold Award.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Weston, Easton, Redding; Thunderstorms Possible