WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston, Easton and Redding this week:
- Easton resident Corey Dawid, 42, was charged with attempting to strangle his wife.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- A warrant obtained by the New Canaan Advertiser offers a detailed account of the events that led to the arrest of Weston resident and New Canaan Outback youth group leader Andrew Barer.
- Peter Lanza, father of Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza, spoke to the New Yorker for his first interview since his son's deadly shooting spree in December 2012.
- A 22-year-old Redding man Patrick Burns was charged with possession of narcotics— a felony— after he was pulled over in Wilton and pills were found in his vehicle.
- A Fairfield mother and daughter were killed in a fire. An investigation revealed no smoke detectors were in the house.
- A Danbury man and teacher at Greenwich private school Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to police after being charged with sexual assault of a former student.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo