WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Easton, Redding and Weston last week:
- Brittany Ann Hacker, 24, was arrested on charges of leaving her 4-year-old daughter alone in a hotel room in Fairfield while having a fight with her ex-husband at his Easton home.
- Greenwich's Eliane Mullen, 39, was arrested and charged with hosting a party for teenagers, complete with alcohol and condoms in Easton.
- The U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the police departments in Easton, Darien, Wilton, Monroe and Trumbull can be sued over a 2008 police drug raid at a home in Easton that left a Norwalk man Gonzalo Guizan, 33, dead and the homeowner Ronald Terebesi injured.
- Westport police arrested Derek Forsythe, 26, of Weston after his DNA matched a mask used in an armed robbery in 2011 in Westport.
- A Stamford taxi driver Mahomed Kamal, 47, found stabbed to death on Doolittle Road in Stamford early Wednesday. Another Stamford man was arrested on murder charges that evening after police chased him through the city's downtown dining district.
- In a list of the safest towns in Connecticut, Weston was ranked second, Easton came in fifth and Redding was listed in sixth. The list came from Safe Choice Security.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Lobster Roll House Sale Tops Last Week's News In Weston