WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Easton, Redding and Weston last week:
- Brittany Ann Hacker, 24, was arrested on charges of leaving her 4-year-old daughter alone in a hotel room in Fairfield while having a fight with her ex-husband at his Easton home.
- Greenwich's Eliane Mullen, 39, was arrested and charged with hosting a party for teenagers, complete with alcohol and condoms in Easton.
- The U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the police departments in Easton, Darien, Wilton, Monroe and Trumbull can be sued over a 2008 police drug raid at a home in Easton that left a Norwalk man Gonzalo Guizan, 33, dead and the homeowner Ronald Terebesi injured.
- Westport police arrested Derek Forsythe, 26, of Weston after his DNA matched a mask used in an armed robbery in 2011 in Westport.
- A Stamford taxi driver Mahomed Kamal, 47, found stabbed to death on Doolittle Road in Stamford early Wednesday. Another Stamford man was arrested on murder charges that evening after police chased him through the city's downtown dining district.
- In a list of the safest towns in Connecticut, Weston was ranked second, Easton came in fifth and Redding was listed in sixth. The list came from Safe Choice Security.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 2 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday
- 4 Bookkeeper Charged With Embezzling $165K From Redding Tree Company
- 5 Connecticut Named Fourth Healthiest State In The Nation