Redding, Conn. – Richard McLaughlin, 53, from Easton, lost control of a dump truck and drove it into a utility pole on Route 107 Monday, causing power outages to 50 percent of Redding and all three public schools, police said.
Route 107 was closed for most of the day while power crews restored the line.
There were no injuries in the accident, but McLaughlin was ticketed by Redding and state police for several violations, including operating out of license classification and other moving and equipment violations.
The tickets total $2,000, and he will also be responsible for CL&P charges for repair work, police said.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield