Redding, Conn. – Richard McLaughlin, 53, from Easton, lost control of a dump truck and drove it into a utility pole on Route 107 Monday, causing power outages to 50 percent of Redding and all three public schools, police said.
Route 107 was closed for most of the day while power crews restored the line.
There were no injuries in the accident, but McLaughlin was ticketed by Redding and state police for several violations, including operating out of license classification and other moving and equipment violations.
The tickets total $2,000, and he will also be responsible for CL&P charges for repair work, police said.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48