Redding, Conn. – Richard McLaughlin, 53, from Easton, lost control of a dump truck and drove it into a utility pole on Route 107 Monday, causing power outages to 50 percent of Redding and all three public schools, police said.
Route 107 was closed for most of the day while power crews restored the line.
There were no injuries in the accident, but McLaughlin was ticketed by Redding and state police for several violations, including operating out of license classification and other moving and equipment violations.
The tickets total $2,000, and he will also be responsible for CL&P charges for repair work, police said.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Fairfield County Stores Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers