Redding, Conn. – Richard McLaughlin, 53, from Easton, lost control of a dump truck and drove it into a utility pole on Route 107 Monday, causing power outages to 50 percent of Redding and all three public schools, police said.
Route 107 was closed for most of the day while power crews restored the line.
There were no injuries in the accident, but McLaughlin was ticketed by Redding and state police for several violations, including operating out of license classification and other moving and equipment violations.
The tickets total $2,000, and he will also be responsible for CL&P charges for repair work, police said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown