Redding, Conn. – Richard McLaughlin, 53, from Easton, lost control of a dump truck and drove it into a utility pole on Route 107 Monday, causing power outages to 50 percent of Redding and all three public schools, police said.
Route 107 was closed for most of the day while power crews restored the line.
There were no injuries in the accident, but McLaughlin was ticketed by Redding and state police for several violations, including operating out of license classification and other moving and equipment violations.
The tickets total $2,000, and he will also be responsible for CL&P charges for repair work, police said.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says
- 3 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Enjoy Memorial Day Parades In Easton, Weston, Redding