FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- After one more of sun and warm temperatures, heavy rains will impact the Fairfield County area through the middle of the week, according to the National Weather Service.
Showers and possible thunderstorms will roll into the area after 3 p.m. Tuesday, with the possibility of heavy rain. High temperature will be about 78 degrees with a 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. The rain will be more likely in the evening.
Precipitation and thunderstorms will remain in the area on Wednesday with highs in the upper 70s. The chance of rain is 80 percent with potentially severe thunderstorms.
The National Weather Service has issued a coastal flood statement for southern Fairfield that will remain in effect through midnight on Tuesday.
Minor coastal flood thresholds will be reached at low-lying locations along the shore with the high tide cycle.
Skies will clear on Thursday with a high of 78 degrees.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48