3:15 p.m. update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The accident that closed Interstate 95 northbound at the Bridgeport-Stratford border has been cleared and the highway reopened just after 3 p.m., the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Traffic tie-ups were beginning to clear, but congestion remained more than 5 miles back to Fairfield and Westport.
Traffic conditions were improving, the DOT said.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Northbound Interstate 95 was closed Friday afternoon in Bridgeport after a crash involving a tractor-trailer and multiple other vehicles, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
I-95 was closed between Exit 30 and Exit 31 on the northbound side. The multi-vehicle crash was reported at about 1:40 p.m. Friday.
Traffic congestion was reported for more than 4 miles between Exits 25 and 30. The backups were nearly to the Fairfield border.
I-95 southbound was congested between Exits 32 and 29 with rubber-necking delays, the DOT said.
It was not known how long it would take to clear the highway.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm