REDDING, Conn. ‒ The MTA has released the names of the person killed and three others hurt when their car was struck by a train Sunday at the Long Ridge Road crossing in Redding.
Wayne Balacky, 21, of Danbury, a passenger in the car, was pronounced dead at Danbury Hospital after the accident.
Jausheema Perkins, 19, of Danbury, was driving the car and received head injuries.
James Redmond, 21, and Sakeem Morning, 19, both of Danbury, suffered leg injuries. They were being treated at Westchester Medical Center.
MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said the bells on the train and lights at the rail crossing were working at the time of the accident. An MTA investigation is being conducted.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut