REDDING, Conn. ‒ The MTA has released the names of the person killed and three others hurt when their car was struck by a train Sunday at the Long Ridge Road crossing in Redding.
Wayne Balacky, 21, of Danbury, a passenger in the car, was pronounced dead at Danbury Hospital after the accident.
Jausheema Perkins, 19, of Danbury, was driving the car and received head injuries.
James Redmond, 21, and Sakeem Morning, 19, both of Danbury, suffered leg injuries. They were being treated at Westchester Medical Center.
MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said the bells on the train and lights at the rail crossing were working at the time of the accident. An MTA investigation is being conducted.
- 1 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 2 Weston High School Boosters Plan Food And Wine Festival
- 3 Weston, Easton Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 5 West Point Army Major Plans Weston Lecture On General Pershing