REDDING, Conn. ‒ The MTA has released the names of the person killed and three others hurt when their car was struck by a train Sunday at the Long Ridge Road crossing in Redding.
Wayne Balacky, 21, of Danbury, a passenger in the car, was pronounced dead at Danbury Hospital after the accident.
Jausheema Perkins, 19, of Danbury, was driving the car and received head injuries.
James Redmond, 21, and Sakeem Morning, 19, both of Danbury, suffered leg injuries. They were being treated at Westchester Medical Center.
MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders said the bells on the train and lights at the rail crossing were working at the time of the accident. An MTA investigation is being conducted.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Weston Tuesday Evening