update: FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The left lane of the southbound Merritt Parkway has reopened in Fairfield on Wednesday morning after an accident involving an overturned car was cleared, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident, which was reported at 5:50 a.m., was between Exit 47 for Park Avenue and Exit 46 for Route 59. The accident scene was cleared at about 7 a.m.
At 6:45 a.m., a 6.4-mile traffic backup was reported from Exit 52 to Exit 44 on the southbound Merritt, DOT said.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Fairfield County Stores Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers