update: FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The left lane of the southbound Merritt Parkway has reopened in Fairfield on Wednesday morning after an accident involving an overturned car was cleared, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident, which was reported at 5:50 a.m., was between Exit 47 for Park Avenue and Exit 46 for Route 59. The accident scene was cleared at about 7 a.m.
At 6:45 a.m., a 6.4-mile traffic backup was reported from Exit 52 to Exit 44 on the southbound Merritt, DOT said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast