update: FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The left lane of the southbound Merritt Parkway has reopened in Fairfield on Wednesday morning after an accident involving an overturned car was cleared, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident, which was reported at 5:50 a.m., was between Exit 47 for Park Avenue and Exit 46 for Route 59. The accident scene was cleared at about 7 a.m.
At 6:45 a.m., a 6.4-mile traffic backup was reported from Exit 52 to Exit 44 on the southbound Merritt, DOT said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola