update: FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The left lane of the southbound Merritt Parkway has reopened in Fairfield on Wednesday morning after an accident involving an overturned car was cleared, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident, which was reported at 5:50 a.m., was between Exit 47 for Park Avenue and Exit 46 for Route 59. The accident scene was cleared at about 7 a.m.
At 6:45 a.m., a 6.4-mile traffic backup was reported from Exit 52 to Exit 44 on the southbound Merritt, DOT said.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals