WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Easton, Redding and Weston last week:
- The Redding Roadhouse, which closed in May after 30 years in business, is looking to reopen later this year, according to an announcement on its Facebook page.
- Spencer Turkell, a quarterback in football and midfielder in lacrosse at Weston High School, has verbally committed to attend Lafayette College.
- Melissa Barney, an 18-year-old Easton woman, was arrested after a fight with her boyfriend when nearby residents reported hearing a woman screaming and yelling in Melville Park in Fairfield, police said.
- A delay in obtaining the necessary state permits for the pool has stalled the opening of the new Westport Weston Family Y at the Mahackeno campus.
- Easton’s Patti Popp of Sport Hill Farm enjoys dishing up her products and meeting local residents at farmers markets in the area.
- Hollywood legend Ron Howard and his wife, Cheryl, are offering high-end furnishings from their Greenwich mansion in an online sale through One Kings Lane.
- A Ridgefield mother has created a website to honor her 15-month-old son who died in a hot car and to raise awareness in the hope of preventing similar tragedies.
- A 16-year-old Greenwich girl was killed after she became entangled in a boat propeller while water-tubing with three friends in the waters of Long Island Sound.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping