WESTPORT, Conn. -- Connecticut Light & Power reported power outages Tuesday afternoon along the Main Street area of Westport.
But the number of outages dropped drastically by 8:20 p.m., with only four customers in town left without power.
The Westport Weston Family Y was closed Tuesday evening due to the power outages. Members can check the Y's website at www.westporty.org or call 203-226-8981 for updates on the Y's status for opening on Wednesday.
As of 7:55 p.m., 220 customers, or about 2 percent of the town, were without power, CL&P reported.
The number of power outages seemed to fluctuate throughout the day. As of 5 p.m., 100 customers in Westport had been reported without power, CL&P said.
In the early afternoon, a total of 213 customers in Westport had been without power, CL&P said.
The power problems were along Westport’s Main Street area, according to WestportNow.com. Some traffic lights were blinking, WestportNow.com said.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Easton, Weston