FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Train service in Fairfield County continued to be delayed Tuesday evening due to the storm moving over the county.
The New Haven Line was experiencing delays of 30 to 40 minutes in both directions due to downed trees and speed restrictions, the Metro-North website says.
Trains on the New Canaan Branch were seeing delays of up to 30 minutes due speed restrictions and downed trees, the website says.
Substitute bus service will be provided for the 8:59 p.m. train departing from Danbury. It will make all stops to South Norwalk. Mechanical difficulties on the branch's tracks were reported by Metro-North Railroad.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston