WESTON, Conn. – Heat injuries suffered at the Weston High School graduation June 21 was one of the top stories of 2012.
Three spectators at the graduation ceremony were treated for heat-related medical conditions and one was sent to Norwalk Hospital.
Karyl McGill, a Weston emergency medical technician, said the three were treated for minor medical conditions.
Weston police, fire and emergency medical technicians took precautions to guard against the heat before the ceremony started.
Air-conditioned tents were set up outside the large tent where the ceremony took place, bottles of water were passed out at water stations, fans were positioned inside the large tent and emergency medical professionals in yellow vests were positioned around the event, ready to help.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Expect More Snow: Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect In Weston