FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – At least 95 percent of United Illuminating’s customers, including those in Easton and Fairfield, will have their power returned by midnight Monday, the utility said Thursday.
In Fairfield, nearly 56 percent of the town, or 12,239 customers, were still without power as of 9:45 a.m. Southport alone was still at 99.95 percent without power at the same time. Easton had 82.5 percent of its residents out, or 2,361 outages.
The company had 107,968 customers in its 17 towns still without power as of 6 a.m. Thursday. In total, it expects to have to repair another 4,733 individual wires to fully restore power.
“We fully understand that the loss of electricity seriously disrupts people’s lives, and we have tapped into every resource at our disposal to restore electric service to all of our customers safely and as quickly as possible,” Anthony J. Vallillo, UI president and chief operating officer, said in a statement.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill