FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – At least 95 percent of United Illuminating’s customers, including those in Easton and Fairfield, will have their power returned by midnight Monday, the utility said Thursday.
In Fairfield, nearly 56 percent of the town, or 12,239 customers, were still without power as of 9:45 a.m. Southport alone was still at 99.95 percent without power at the same time. Easton had 82.5 percent of its residents out, or 2,361 outages.
The company had 107,968 customers in its 17 towns still without power as of 6 a.m. Thursday. In total, it expects to have to repair another 4,733 individual wires to fully restore power.
“We fully understand that the loss of electricity seriously disrupts people’s lives, and we have tapped into every resource at our disposal to restore electric service to all of our customers safely and as quickly as possible,” Anthony J. Vallillo, UI president and chief operating officer, said in a statement.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding