WESTON, Conn. -- A Weston man faces five to eight years in prison in the drunken driving crash that killed his friend last fall in Norwalk, according to the Hour.
Matthew Faillace, 33, of Davis Hill Road, pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular manslaughter on Thursday, according to the Hour.
Faillace was driving a 2000 Porsche Boxster S on West Rocks Road in Norwalk on Sept. 1, 2013, when his car struck a curb and left the road, according to accident investigators. The car struck a street sign and a tree before coming to rest in the road, police said.
Both Faillace and a passenger, 25-year-old Bridgeport resident Maikol Chumasero, were taken to Norwalk Hospital with serious injuries, police said. Chumasero died of his injuries on Sept. 5, according to police reports.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Y's Men Of Weston Learn About The Dangers Of AF From Cardiac Expert
- 5 Weston, Easton, Redding Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday