WESTON, Conn. -- Weston is postponing its Independence Day fireworks celebration to Saturday due to the rainy weather forecast.
The celebration is now set for Saturday, July 5, at Weston Middle School at 135 School Road with fireworks at dusk.
The event had been scheduled for Friday but heavy rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast as Tropical Storm Arthur approaches the area.
For people looking to attend on Saturday, the gates open at 4:30 p.m. After 7 p.m., there will be no entry allowed from Lords Highway. School Road and Route 57 are the only entry points.
No seating is allowed on the artificial turf fields.
Attendees are reminded to bring chairs and blankets. Food and beverages will be sold, and the crowd can enjoy musical performances until the fireworks begin.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires