WESTON, Conn. -- Weston is postponing its Independence Day fireworks celebration to Saturday due to the rainy weather forecast.
The celebration is now set for Saturday, July 5, at Weston Middle School at 135 School Road with fireworks at dusk.
The event had been scheduled for Friday but heavy rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast as Tropical Storm Arthur approaches the area.
For people looking to attend on Saturday, the gates open at 4:30 p.m. After 7 p.m., there will be no entry allowed from Lords Highway. School Road and Route 57 are the only entry points.
No seating is allowed on the artificial turf fields.
Attendees are reminded to bring chairs and blankets. Food and beverages will be sold, and the crowd can enjoy musical performances until the fireworks begin.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center