EASTON, REDDING, WESTON, Conn. – Several places around Easton, Redding and Weston will be closed or operating on a different schedule on the Fourth of July. Here's what you need to know before heading out Friday.
What's Closed on Friday?
- Weston Town Hall, Redding Town Hall, Easton Town Hall
- Easton Library, Mark Twain Library, Weston Library
- Post Offices
- Most banks (call ahead)
- All state and federal offices
What’s Open on Friday?
- Most area supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours or may be closed. Call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
- Weir Farm National Historic Site in Ridgefield/Wilton will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with tours of the house and artists' studios at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
If you’re planning a trip via Metro-North, trains will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 4, with several additional trains to get you to and from the annual Macy’s Fireworks. Visit the Metro-North website for more detailed information.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut