EASTON, Conn. - Emily Berty Montanaro of Easton died Wednesday, June 18. She was 95.
Montanaro was the daughter of William and Ellen Berty. She grew up in Bridgeport and graduated from the Butler Business School. After graduation, she was the secretary and administrative assistant to the president of Columbia Records in Bridgeport. She also worked as a legal secretary for a Bridgeport attorney. She founded Emily Montanaro Real Estate, specializing in commercial as well as residential real estate in Bridgeport.
Montanaro is survived by her sons, Dr. Michael Montanaro (Wendy) of Easton and Richard Montanaro of Easton; four grandchildren; and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael V. Montanaro; sister, Ellen Berty Gorelick Parker; and grandson, Todd Montanaro.
There will be no calling hours. The funeral service will be held Saturday, June 28, at 11 a.m. directly in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 655 Morehouse Road, Easton, with a Mass of the Christian Burial. Interment will be in Union Cemetery, Easton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to: Easton EMS, 448 Sport Hill Road, Easton, CT.06612.
For more information, visit www.parentelauro.com
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 5 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'