EASTON, Conn. - Emily Berty Montanaro of Easton died Wednesday, June 18. She was 95.
Montanaro was the daughter of William and Ellen Berty. She grew up in Bridgeport and graduated from the Butler Business School. After graduation, she was the secretary and administrative assistant to the president of Columbia Records in Bridgeport. She also worked as a legal secretary for a Bridgeport attorney. She founded Emily Montanaro Real Estate, specializing in commercial as well as residential real estate in Bridgeport.
Montanaro is survived by her sons, Dr. Michael Montanaro (Wendy) of Easton and Richard Montanaro of Easton; four grandchildren; and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael V. Montanaro; sister, Ellen Berty Gorelick Parker; and grandson, Todd Montanaro.
There will be no calling hours. The funeral service will be held Saturday, June 28, at 11 a.m. directly in Notre Dame of Easton Church, 655 Morehouse Road, Easton, with a Mass of the Christian Burial. Interment will be in Union Cemetery, Easton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to: Easton EMS, 448 Sport Hill Road, Easton, CT.06612.
For more information, visit www.parentelauro.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl