WESTON, Conn. – James A. Hoey of Weston died Jan. 29 at his home. He was 87.
Born Feb. 20, 1925, in Brookline, Mass., he was the son of Michael J. and Bertha Green Hoey. He graduated from Tufts University in 1947 with a degree in chemical engineering. Hoey served in the Navy during World War II.
A resident of Weston for 32 years, he was married to Helen Osgood Hoey. He was a parishioner of St. Francis of Assisi Church in Weston and a member of the Y's Men of Westport and Weston.
Hoey is survived by his wife; three daughters, Deborah (Andrew) Nekus, of Ridgewood, N.J., Judith (Anthony) Falbo, of Newtown, and Ellen (Robert) MacCloy, of Monroe, Conn.; two sons, James M. (Mary Ann) Hoey, of Chicago, and Stephen A. (Deborah) Hoey, of Bourbonnais, Ill.; and 12 grandchildren. He was predeceased by a sister, Mary Bell.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Friday, at Harding Funeral Home in Westport. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Weston. Burial with full military honors will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Westport.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society or the American Heart Association.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies