EASTON, Conn. - Louise M. (Weezy) Smith of Easton died Thursday, Jan. 23. She was 84.
Smith was born in Bridgeport, daughter of John E. and Anna Mongillo Agostini, and live in Easton for 63 years. She was the retired owner and president of Bridgeport Aquarium. After her retirement she worked at Silverman's Animal Farm. She was a life member and past president of the Easton Volunteer Fire Siren Aid, a volunteer at the Easton Senior Center, and a member of the Bridgeport Lions Club.
Smith is survived by her son, Jan H. Smith (Linda) of Hamden; daughters, Marguerite Goodban (Steven) of Oregon and Barbara Baldino (Fred) of Stratford; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Oliver N. Smith.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Jan. 27, at 9 a.m. at the Redgate - Hennessy Funeral Home, Main Street and Gorham Place, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. in Notre Dame of Easton Church. Entombment will follow in Mountain Grove Cemetery, Bridgeport.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Smith’s memory to the Easton Senior Citizens Center Inc., 650 Morehouse Road, Easton, CT 06612.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals
- 5 Weston Letter: Kim Fawcett Listens