NAUGATUCK, Conn. - Nicole L. Loban, also known as Samantha Stevens, of Naugatuck died Monday, July 28. She was 44.
Loban was born Feb. 5, 1970, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Louis and Christina (Ekvall) Luciani, and was raised in Shelton. She lived in Naugatuck for nine years. She graduated from Shelton High School, Class of '88 and from Southern Connecticut State University, Class of '92, where she served as a radio personality and general manager of WOWL Radio.
A popular local radio personality, she began her career at KC101 in New Haven for 13 years, plus 96.5 TIC in Hartford, 95.9 The Fox in Norwalk, the former Kool 96.7 in Norwalk, Lite 100.5 in Farmington, and WEBE 108 in Bridgeport. She was the midday host of STAR 99.9 in Bridgeport and also served as the program director for over four years.
Loban is survived by her husband, Steven Loban; her parents; sister, Daniele Jurewicz (Joseph); mother-in-law, Barbara Loban; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 1, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road. A service will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Riverview Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Hillside Cemetery in Torrington.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Greater New Haven Cat Project, P.O. Box 1432, New Haven, CT 06506, online at gnhcp.org, or through the funeral director.
- 1 Weston Woman Charged With Disorderly Conduct In Fight With Boyfriend
- 2 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Move Into Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping