REDDING, Conn. - Norman E. Shenk of Redding, a former Weston resident, died Friday, Oct. 11. He was 89.
Shenk was born July 4, 1924, in Erie, Pa., he was a World War II veteran. He attended Amherst College and worked at Elgin Electronics, where he sold telecommunications equipment. He had lived in Montclair, N.J., Weston and Wilton, and Harwich Port, Mass., before returning to Wilton and finally moving to Meadow Ridge in Redding. He was a founding member of Aspetuck Valley Country Club and a longtime member of Silver Spring Country Club.
Shenk is survived by his wife, Ruth Shenk; children, Catherine Albright (Steven), Laurel Burns, Barbara Keller (Spencer), and Norman (Catherine); stepchildren, Susan Mason, Matthew Mason (Derrel), Christopher Mason (Carol), and David Mason; 12 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild. He was predeceased by his first wife, Louise; and brother, George.
Burial in Hillside Cemetery in Wilton will be private.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast