REDDING, Conn. - Norman E. Shenk of Redding, a former Weston resident, died Friday, Oct. 11. He was 89.
Shenk was born July 4, 1924, in Erie, Pa., he was a World War II veteran. He attended Amherst College and worked at Elgin Electronics, where he sold telecommunications equipment. He had lived in Montclair, N.J., Weston and Wilton, and Harwich Port, Mass., before returning to Wilton and finally moving to Meadow Ridge in Redding. He was a founding member of Aspetuck Valley Country Club and a longtime member of Silver Spring Country Club.
Shenk is survived by his wife, Ruth Shenk; children, Catherine Albright (Steven), Laurel Burns, Barbara Keller (Spencer), and Norman (Catherine); stepchildren, Susan Mason, Matthew Mason (Derrel), Christopher Mason (Carol), and David Mason; 12 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild. He was predeceased by his first wife, Louise; and brother, George.
Burial in Hillside Cemetery in Wilton will be private.
- 1 Busy Route 57 In Weston Closing All Summer For Construction
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money