REDDING, Conn. - Susan Stanton Rickard of Redding died Thursday, May 29. She was 68.
Rickard was born in the Bronx, N.Y., the daughter of John and Muriel Warner Stanton. She had lived on Long Island, moved to Fairfield when she was 10 and later to Redding, where she had lived for over 40 years. She worked for the Covidien Corp. for many years and earned her paralegal degree from Boston College. She was a member of the Ischoda Yacht Club and belonged to the Ladies Auxiliary of Fayerweather Yacht Club and East End Yacht Club.
Rickard is survived by her husband, Denis; son, D.J. Rickard (Stephanie) of Milford; daughter, Eirinn Rickard of Danbury; a grandson; sister, Muriel Greenspan (Andrew) of Danbury; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents.
Services will be held Monday, June 2, at 10:30 a.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center and at 11:30 a.m. in St. Patrick Church, 169 Black Rock Turnpike in Redding.
Memorial contributions may be made to MICU North Pavilion 9, c/o YNHH 20 York St, New Haven, CT 06510.
For more information, please visit: www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Aranci 67 Serves Up A Taste Of Southern Italy In Georgetown
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens