REDDING, Conn. - Susan Stanton Rickard of Redding died Thursday, May 29. She was 68.
Rickard was born in the Bronx, N.Y., the daughter of John and Muriel Warner Stanton. She had lived on Long Island, moved to Fairfield when she was 10 and later to Redding, where she had lived for over 40 years. She worked for the Covidien Corp. for many years and earned her paralegal degree from Boston College. She was a member of the Ischoda Yacht Club and belonged to the Ladies Auxiliary of Fayerweather Yacht Club and East End Yacht Club.
Rickard is survived by her husband, Denis; son, D.J. Rickard (Stephanie) of Milford; daughter, Eirinn Rickard of Danbury; a grandson; sister, Muriel Greenspan (Andrew) of Danbury; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents.
Services will be held Monday, June 2, at 10:30 a.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center and at 11:30 a.m. in St. Patrick Church, 169 Black Rock Turnpike in Redding.
Memorial contributions may be made to MICU North Pavilion 9, c/o YNHH 20 York St, New Haven, CT 06510.
For more information, please visit: www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Rank Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says