CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - William Joseph Hollis Jr. of Charlottesville, formerly of Weston, Conn., died April 10. He was 87.
Hollis was born Sept. 2, 1926, in Louisville, Ky., to William Joseph Hollis Sr. and Irene (Ritter) Hollis. He graduated from the University of Louisville with a degree in civil engineering in 1947, and a master's of science from Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1953. He served in the U.S> Navy during World War II. He began his career at Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co., and the family moved to Weston in 1968 when he became vice president of American Can Co.
He was a member of Norfield Congregational Church. He was a member of Aspetuck Valley Country Club in Weston, where he served as president from 1982 to 1983. After retiring, he taught business administration at Pace University in White Plains, N.Y. He and his wife, Trish moved to Sarasota, Fla., in 1989, and resided at the Meadows Country Club, where he also served as president. Three years ago, they relocated to Charlottesville to live closer to their children.
Hollis is survived by his wife, Patricia (Trish) Collins Hollis; children, Marci (Ralph) of Ashland Mass., Janet, of Charlottesville, Kim (Doug) of Keedysville, Md., and Bill Jr. (Beth) of Fairfield, Conn.; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Services will be private.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast