CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - William Joseph Hollis Jr. of Charlottesville, formerly of Weston, Conn., died April 10. He was 87.
Hollis was born Sept. 2, 1926, in Louisville, Ky., to William Joseph Hollis Sr. and Irene (Ritter) Hollis. He graduated from the University of Louisville with a degree in civil engineering in 1947, and a master's of science from Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1953. He served in the U.S> Navy during World War II. He began his career at Pittsburgh Plate Glass Co., and the family moved to Weston in 1968 when he became vice president of American Can Co.
He was a member of Norfield Congregational Church. He was a member of Aspetuck Valley Country Club in Weston, where he served as president from 1982 to 1983. After retiring, he taught business administration at Pace University in White Plains, N.Y. He and his wife, Trish moved to Sarasota, Fla., in 1989, and resided at the Meadows Country Club, where he also served as president. Three years ago, they relocated to Charlottesville to live closer to their children.
Hollis is survived by his wife, Patricia (Trish) Collins Hollis; children, Marci (Ralph) of Ashland Mass., Janet, of Charlottesville, Kim (Doug) of Keedysville, Md., and Bill Jr. (Beth) of Fairfield, Conn.; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Services will be private.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding