WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the Editor,
I am deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to be the 2012 Democratic State Senate candidate for the 26th District.
For this, I want to thank the seven Democratic Town Chairs of Bethel, New Canaan, Redding, Ridgefield, Weston, Westport, and Wilton. Their solid support began my initial steps to a fulfilling experience.
The DTC members themselves inspired me with their encouragement and their efforts throughout this campaign cycle on behalf of all the Democratic candidates.
A special note of thanks goes to those who contributed to my campaign to help me qualify for campaign public financing. This financing served a vital role and without it, I could not have engaged in this effort.
Most of all, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to share my thoughts in discussion and conversation with smart, savvy voters throughout the District. (And isn’t this what campaigns are all about?)
Our agreements and disagreements about issues, our shared concerns and our respect for the voting process itself serve as the cornerstone of the democracy we all love in this country.
To the seven Democratic Town Committees, friends, supporters, and to the voters of the 26th Senate District, please accept my heartfelt thanks.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast