EASTON, Conn. ‒ Christmas wasn't a happy holiday for Matthew Gromiller, 41, of Easton, who was arrested by Easton police on a series of charges dating back to August, when his sister reported a stolen credit card.
Gromiller was arrested by Easton police in Fairfield, where he was being held on a motor vehicle infraction, police said.
The charges from August include four counts of illegal use of credit cards, four counts of credit theft, four counts of receipt of goods and four counts of criminal impersonation.
Gromiller failed to appear in court earlier this month on other charges, including using a motor vehicle without permission, a roaming dog infraction and illegally operating a motor vehicle under suspension, police reported.
"He's building up a huge profile," an Easton police spokeswoman said.
Gromiller has a court date of Jan. 4 for the new charges.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County