NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The former New Canaan teen center director and Easton resident who is accused of using inappropriate language with middle school students, applied for accelerated rehabilitation in court on Thursday, April 10, according to The New Canaan News.
Andrew Barer was charged with making lewd and inappropriate comments to students while visiting Saxe Middle School in January and was arrested in late February.
If approved for accelerated rehabilitation, Barer could have the charges wiped away if he meets the two-year probationary conditions.
Norwalk Superior Court will determine Barer's eligibility for the rehabilitation program on May 23, The New Canaan News Reported.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals