NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The former New Canaan teen center director and Easton resident who is accused of using inappropriate language with middle school students, applied for accelerated rehabilitation in court on Thursday, April 10, according to The New Canaan News.
Andrew Barer was charged with making lewd and inappropriate comments to students while visiting Saxe Middle School in January and was arrested in late February.
If approved for accelerated rehabilitation, Barer could have the charges wiped away if he meets the two-year probationary conditions.
Norwalk Superior Court will determine Barer's eligibility for the rehabilitation program on May 23, The New Canaan News Reported.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Fairfield County's Highest Snowfall Amounts Will Be North Of Merritt
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm