NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The former New Canaan teen center director and Easton resident who is accused of using inappropriate language with middle school students, applied for accelerated rehabilitation in court on Thursday, April 10, according to The New Canaan News.
Andrew Barer was charged with making lewd and inappropriate comments to students while visiting Saxe Middle School in January and was arrested in late February.
If approved for accelerated rehabilitation, Barer could have the charges wiped away if he meets the two-year probationary conditions.
Norwalk Superior Court will determine Barer's eligibility for the rehabilitation program on May 23, The New Canaan News Reported.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Easton, Weston