WESTPORT, Conn. – A 41-year-old Shelton man is facing identity theft and other felony charges after he was accused of using credit cards stolen from Westport Weston Family Y patrons, police said.
Ilir Gecaj is suspected of breaking into lockers at the Y and stealing credit cards on three different occasions, police said. Gecaj is accused of using the credit cards to make fraudulent purchases, the police report said.
Detectives identified Gecaj as the suspect after viewing video surveillance of the thefts. He was arrested last Tuesday on three warrants and charged with the following felonies: second-degree identity theft, two counts of third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit trafficking of personal identification information and conspiracy to commit third-degree identity theft. He was also charged with six misdemeanors.
Gecaj was being held on $75,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 29.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School
- 4 Easton Doctor Named Physician Of The Year At St. Vincent's Medical Center
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts