WESTPORT, Conn. – A 41-year-old Shelton man is facing identity theft and other felony charges after he was accused of using credit cards stolen from Westport Weston Family Y patrons, police said.
Ilir Gecaj is suspected of breaking into lockers at the Y and stealing credit cards on three different occasions, police said. Gecaj is accused of using the credit cards to make fraudulent purchases, the police report said.
Detectives identified Gecaj as the suspect after viewing video surveillance of the thefts. He was arrested last Tuesday on three warrants and charged with the following felonies: second-degree identity theft, two counts of third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit trafficking of personal identification information and conspiracy to commit third-degree identity theft. He was also charged with six misdemeanors.
Gecaj was being held on $75,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 29.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Fireman's Carnival Kicks Off In Easton With Food, Fun, Rides
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care