WESTPORT, Conn. – A 41-year-old Shelton man is facing identity theft and other felony charges after he was accused of using credit cards stolen from Westport Weston Family Y patrons, police said.
Ilir Gecaj is suspected of breaking into lockers at the Y and stealing credit cards on three different occasions, police said. Gecaj is accused of using the credit cards to make fraudulent purchases, the police report said.
Detectives identified Gecaj as the suspect after viewing video surveillance of the thefts. He was arrested last Tuesday on three warrants and charged with the following felonies: second-degree identity theft, two counts of third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit trafficking of personal identification information and conspiracy to commit third-degree identity theft. He was also charged with six misdemeanors.
Gecaj was being held on $75,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 29.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding