WESTPORT, Conn. – A 41-year-old Shelton man is facing identity theft and other felony charges after he was accused of using credit cards stolen from Westport Weston Family Y patrons, police said.
Ilir Gecaj is suspected of breaking into lockers at the Y and stealing credit cards on three different occasions, police said. Gecaj is accused of using the credit cards to make fraudulent purchases, the police report said.
Detectives identified Gecaj as the suspect after viewing video surveillance of the thefts. He was arrested last Tuesday on three warrants and charged with the following felonies: second-degree identity theft, two counts of third-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit trafficking of personal identification information and conspiracy to commit third-degree identity theft. He was also charged with six misdemeanors.
Gecaj was being held on $75,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 29.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola