Update, 2:30 p.m.: The Merritt Parkway has reopened after a crash in Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – An accident on the north side of the Merritt Parkway on Thursday afternoon near Exit 40 in Norwalk has shut down all lanes of the highway, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m., and ambulances were dispatched to the scene because injuries were reported.
Additionally, there were reports of people trapped inside at least one vehicle and requiring extrication.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals