Update, 2:30 p.m.: The Merritt Parkway has reopened after a crash in Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – An accident on the north side of the Merritt Parkway on Thursday afternoon near Exit 40 in Norwalk has shut down all lanes of the highway, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m., and ambulances were dispatched to the scene because injuries were reported.
Additionally, there were reports of people trapped inside at least one vehicle and requiring extrication.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Big Crowds Come Out For Memorial Day Parade In Weston
- 4 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Weston, Easton, Redding